New self-signed certificate on every reboot
Have a full 2003 server running an FTP application for a client (Ipswitch WS_FTP Server with web module). Theweb modulerunsfrom IIS and, during the installation, generates a self-signed certificate with the name of the server in caps (i.e. assume servername is "ftpserver", the cert it generates is FTPSERVER). This automatically goes in the personal certificate store. The problem is that there is a certificate in that store already called ftpserver. The application will not run with the other certificate in the folder (it hangs). I can easily delete the automatically generated "ftpserver" certificate and everything works immediately. Upon any reboot, the lowercase certificate is automatically generatedand recreated (in both the Personal-Certificates folder and the Trusted Root Certification Authorities-Certificates folder). How can I prevent this autocreation? Everything I find relates to an autoenrollment setting in group policy, but this server does not have that. It is not part of a domain and there are no additional users logging onto this server. There are no other software packages on this server and it is a pretty clean install. Any ideas? The IIS guys sent me back here...
October 20th, 2009 6:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics