New security policies for OpenSearch
Can anyone provide any guidance to documentation for these new policies in each IE Security Zone in GPMC?"Allow OpenSearch queries in Windows Explorer""Allow previewing and custom thumbnails of OpenSearch query results in Windows Explorer"The explanation doesn't mean much to me. Looking for why it's there from a security perspective, defaults, what security guidance on what it should be, etc.Thanks
January 20th, 2010 11:59pm

Hi, Windows 7 supports the connection of external sources to the Windows Client through the OpenSearch protocol. This enables users to search a remote data store and view results from within Windows Explorer. For more information, please refer to the following article: Federated Search in Windowshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd940456(VS.85).aspx Hope the information is helpful.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 21st, 2010 9:11am

Thanks Joson,While this is great info on OpenSearch, it doesn't really address IE and these specific security policies that I'm looking for.
January 22nd, 2010 3:39pm

Hi, I am afraid that there is no document describing how to configure the polices so far. Based on my understanding, whether to enable the polices or not is based on the organization’s requirement. In addition, I think they should only be enabled in Trusted and Local Intranet zones.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 25th, 2010 8:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics