New VM SQL 2014 DW on Azure, cannot login to SQL Database

Followed the guidelines to boot VM with SQL Server 2014 DW, attached the disks, RDP'ed to the machine but can't log on the Database Engine in management studio. Can logon to to Analysis Services. Have tried deleting and creating new VM several times

Login failed for user 'SQL2014\test'. Reason: Could not find a login matching the name provided. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

• Edited by Jam281 Friday, June 13, 2014 3:34 PM
June 13th, 2014 6:04pm

I followed the example of deleting the VM and creating a new a few more times and in the last attempt I was able to log on to the database engine. Same approach all times. Azure team should look into this as it seems unreliable that you need to boot somewhere between 1 to 6 VM's before getting one that works..
  • Edited by Jam281 Friday, June 13, 2014 3:33 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 13th, 2014 6:31pm

Hello,

I am trying to involve Azure SQL Database support team  with this topic. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
Fanny Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here. 

June 16th, 2014 12:09pm

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Can I know the status of the login now? Succeed or fail?

Did the issue happen on only one VM or several VMs?

According to your problem description, you have deleted and created a VM several times and in the last attempt you were able to log on. Was there any different steps between failed and successful try?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 18th, 2014 6:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics