New PowerPivot formula are not available as fields in existing Pivot Tables and new Pivot Tables can not be connected to existing data slicers

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem with PowerPivot and Excel 2013 (Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 / MSO 15.0.4745.1000 / 64 Bit):

SETTING

A PowerQuery query is used to load data via ODBC from a PostgreSQL database and this PowerQuery query fills a PowerPivot model which is linked to two other tables / models (e.g. Date table). I also defined some additional metrics using PowerPivot formula. Then I created an Excel sheet with multiple Pivot tables that use the PowerPivot formula as fields. I also added some data slicers and all Pivot tables are connected to these slicers.

PROBLEM

Everything worked fine for a while. But now, two problems occur:

1) When I add new formula to the PowerPivot model and then try to use these formula as fields in the existing Pivot tables, the Pivot table field selector doesn't show me the new fields. However, if I create a new Pivot table the fields are shown in the field selector.

So theoretically I could recreate all Pivot table (but that would take me a day or so). However, there is a second problem:

2) If I create a new Pivot table and try to connect this new table to the existing data slicers, Excel shows a message telling me to update the tables (which I've done multiples times). Also if I create new slicers they can not be connected to the new Pivot tables.

SOLUTIONS TRIED

I tried the following solutions:

1) Of course, update all data tables.

2) Restarted Excel multiples times.

3) Installed Excel & Co. updates.

4) Cleared the embedded data models.

5) Search the forum here and the Internet ...

So I appreciate any hints and help that might solve the problem(s)!

Greetings from Germany

Martin

September 5th, 2015 7:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics