New Monitor Alert is Closed

Hello,

I am using SCOM 2012 R2.  I created a custom monitor to alert me when a server's HD is low.  I filled up the drive to initiate the alert.  When the alert is generated, the e-mail that is sent to me has a resolution state of Closed.  Why is it coming to me as closed when it is a new alert?

February 27th, 2015 9:52pm

Hi there,

This seems to be a issue related to thread in the below link.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dd1ba07e-2c3c-435a-a13e-1da2df5721d5/monitor-only-one-server-for-hd-usage?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

As i have mentioned there can you try the below.

Can you check if you have clicked in the resolution state both "New" and " Closed" by mistake?

Because if the above is the case then you will get alerts for both closed and new alerts. So just uncheck the close and just check the new.

If the above is not the case then delete and re create the subscription.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 28th, 2015 5:35pm

Please check the following

1) Make sure that your email notification channel format s correct which should include Alert Resolution state

2) Make sure that your subscription is correct, the subscription criteria has "with a specific resolution state" with New.

3) Moreover, please dump subscription criteria

Roger

March 2nd, 2015 8:47am

Agree with Gautam, You need to verify that you configure specific resolution state is not equal 255
March 2nd, 2015 4:19pm

Hello,

I resolved this issue by deleting the monitor and re-creating it.  Thank you for your help.

• Marked as answer by jsetaro Wednesday, March 04, 2015 1:53 PM
March 4th, 2015 1:53pm

Hello,

I resolved this issue by deleting the monitor and re-creating it.  Thank you for your help.

• Marked as answer by jsetaro Wednesday, March 04, 2015 1:53 PM
March 4th, 2015 1:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics