New Management Portal - Delete Function

Anyone using the new Management portal?

If yes then please can you let know how to delete a Azure SQL Server (That's associated with the SQL Databases).

I can see the option in the old portal but the new portal under SQL Servers, I do not see any option to delete these servers.

BTW these were test servers with databases and the SQL databases have been deleted but it leaves back the servers.

Previous version AFAIK used to delete the server as well then all the databases were deleted.

I know I can get this done using the old Management portal but I am just curious to know if anyone else has faced or see a similar issue.

January 12th, 2015 3:28pm

I wouldn't worry much about it. I think the new portal is still in preview and not all features from the old portal have been replicated.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 12th, 2015 5:15pm

One way to delete a server in the new portal, albeit indirect, is to delete the resource group that contains the server. Please note that this will delete the server AND everything else in the resource group.  Deleting the resource group in the new portal can be accomplished by clicking on the resource group name above the SQL server name (example: Default-SQL-EastAsia) and then clicking the icon for "Delete" on the resulting blade.
January 13th, 2015 4:49am

One way to delete a server in the new portal, albeit indirect, is to delete the resource group that contains the server. Please note that this will delete the server AND everything else in the resource group.  Deleting the resource group in the new portal can be accomplished by clicking on the resource group name above the SQL server name (example: Default-SQL-EastAsia) and then clicking the icon for "Delete" on the resulting blade.

okay, that's one way.  
what's another way? because nuking the entire Resource Group isn't reasonable for my case... 
March 4th, 2015 8:56pm

An alternative is a PowerShell script: Remove-AzureSqlDatabaseServer
March 4th, 2015 9:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics