Network packet delays under WS2008
Hello, our Windows Server 2008 is hosting a couple PHP web sites through IIS7 and has a problem where quite a few connections are getting stuck while serving content. In the IIS worker process list, such connections are shown as being in "SendResponse" state for tens of seconds. I've tried to investigate this with Network Monitor, and it shows a similar thing - some TCP packets arriving a number of seconds later, while others from the same client get there in a 100 or so milliseconds. While trying to identify the culprit, I had one of the web sites moved onto Apache on our second WS2008 server which ended up with the same "stuck connections" situation. This seems to rule out IIS as the problem-maker, with either Windows networking stack or our hosting provider's network infrastructure being incompatible in some strange way. Anyway, I've been stuck with this problem for quite a while now and am running out of ideas on how to pinpoint the error more precisely. Has anyone encountered something similar at any point or perhaps could give a suggestion on what else could be tried to get the issue sorted out? Any clues on this, however small, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
September 7th, 2011 10:02am

Hi ncodemole, Thanks for posting here. I think this issue is nothing to do with Microsoft product since we can reproduce it with same results by using different web service programs. I ‘d suggest you recheck or redbug your program in order to optimize it’s performance. Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2011 3:30am

I'm afraid it is not quite the case. The delays are happening when serving static content - images, css, javascript files. We don't have any custom iis modules enabled for the server (apart from url rewrite) that would affect this either.
September 9th, 2011 10:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics