Network connection Windows empty and unable to browse AD domain
I have a Server 2008 R2 VM that is running Exchange 2010. Recently the network connections have disappeared from the Network Connections window. I am able to ping to/from the computer using DNS name and IP. I am unable to browse the network using DNS or IP. Exchange seems to be working fine. Mail is still flowing. Last night I deleted the following Registry key : HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\Config After I deleted the key and rebooted the Network Connection showed up. When I came into the office this morning it had disappeared again. Anyone else running into this issue? Thanks.
January 18th, 2012 12:37pm

Hi columbiaits, Thanks for posting here. So can system still recognize these interfaces on server by running the command “netsh interface show interface” ? May I know which VM software are we using now? Thanks. Tiger LiTiger Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 19th, 2012 6:12am

have you installed hyper-v intergration pack or VMware tools on the vm?.Darshana Jayathilake
January 19th, 2012 7:23am

Tiger Li, Yes, I can run that command and it shows admin state as connected, state as connected, type as dedicated, and Interface name as Local Area Connection I am running Hyper-V. I have two other Server 2008 R2s on the same host without any issues. Thanks.
January 19th, 2012 4:46pm

I did do this when I deployed the VM about a year ago. Just to make sure though, I did it again and it prompted that it was installed that to click OK to continue with an upgrade. Thanks.
January 19th, 2012 4:49pm

Hi Colunbiaits, Can you please try the above mentioned procedure once again i.e. delete "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\Config" key and reboot the server. Post this you should be able to see all the connctions back in the network connections folder. Post this please try and force GP update by running gpupdate /force and see if network connections disappears again. If they do then you know your culprit. Also before re-booting please check the status of following services and make sure all of them are still running.RPC, Network Connections, Plug and Play, COM+, Remote Access Connection Manager, Telephony. You can also refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826 eventough it is specifically for WinXP / Win 2k3 Server. Please remember to use “Mark as Answer” or "vote as helpful" on the posts that help you.
January 20th, 2012 7:19am

ex MS, I did the same thing and this time no luck. The network connection is not there and now it can't contact the domain at all. If I try to open the ADUC I get a message stating that the RPC server is unavailable and to make sure that the domain is properly configured and is currently online. RPC, Network Connections, Plug and Play, Com+ Event System, are all started Remote Access Connection Mgr and Telephony were set to manual and stopped, I set RACM to automatic. Both are running now. I am calling Microsoft now...
January 20th, 2012 8:10pm

Hi columbiaits, Thanks for update. If there is any update on this issue ,it is appreciated that if you can keep posting here and let us know . Thanks. Tiger Li Tiger Li TechNet Community Support
January 22nd, 2012 11:59pm

ex MS, I did the same thing and this time no luck. The network connection is not there and now it can't contact the domain at all. If I try to open the ADUC I get a message stating that the RPC server is unavailable and to make sure that the domain is properly configured and is currently online. RPC, Network Connections, Plug and Play, Com+ Event System, are all started Remote Access Connection Mgr and Telephony were set to manual and stopped, I set RACM to automatic. Both are running now. I am calling Microsoft now... Hi Columbiaits, Is there a firewall / router in between this server and your DC's? Have made any configuration changes to default ports or to windows Adv firewall?? Please let us know if the issue have been fixed and did MS support rep do to fix the issue. Thanks
January 23rd, 2012 2:50am

i Had the same issue , now TCP/IP NetBIOS helper service will not start Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start Any other help Thanks
January 24th, 2012 1:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics