Network and Sharing Center Freeze Issue
Hi all,I have a box running the windows server 2008 small business (SP1). Everything was setup and running for a while before some strange issue occurs after a restart.1) The LAN connection icon appears to be disconnected however at command line "ipconfig", i can still see the server being connected with IP address2) Opening the Network and sharing center takes years and will even have the case of freezing the entire server3) Could not log on to Remote desktop connection when all these symptons appearsI have sourced around the forums and it seems like this is a known issue for windows vista, however i am experiencing it on my server 2008. Any resolution on this? Deeply appreciated. Thanks.
December 30th, 2009 5:20am

Hi alantang22,Thank you for posting in windows server forumsPlease check the behavior in safe mode with networking and let us knwo if you are experiencing theproblem ?This behavior seems to be happening through 3rd party applciaiton or there might be a handle leak , its very premature to comment .
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 30th, 2009 5:31am

Hi Sainath,Alright i will run it in safe mode and see if this issue will occur, need to find a time to down that server before my further checking. Thanks.
December 30th, 2009 9:03am

Hi alantang22, Have you tried to run the following command and reboot the machine? net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add If not, please run it and revert back the result. Regards, Bruce
December 31st, 2009 11:10am

Hi Bruce-Liu,Thanks for providing the walkthru for this instance. Heres my latest update on the server 2008. This box actually took 1 hour or more to have network and sharing center appear and sames goes my remote desktop connection. when i did a restart on the server, i am only able to remote desktop after an hour.What i have done on the following,- Boot up the server in safe mode with networking to determine. The thing works inconsistantly.- Using cmd net localgroup command as given to issue rights and its still the same- Ensure all windows update are doneAny other solutions can i speed up my server on this. This issue happens lately only while it is perfectly fine for the past half a month.
January 5th, 2010 8:12am

I am having this same issue. Mine started out that the sever would not keep a static ip that I had programed into it. if you ran ipconfig it would show the correct ip but when you looked at the adapater setting properties it would not show an static ip.. so if did what i found on this forum. re-posted it on my forum http://act-capecoral.com/support/index.php?topic=359.0 after I rebooted, now it shows by the clock that the cable is unplugeed even though i can get on line. network sharing center will not open. regedit , msconfig will not start and when i run an ipconfig i get ip: 192.168.1.127 (ok thats fine) subnet 255.255.255.0 (ok) gateway 192.168.3.1 (dont know what that is) 192.168.1.1 (this is the right gateway dont know where this 3.1 crap is comming from)
September 19th, 2011 1:41pm

Here is what I did to fix the issue. I downloaded new network drivers onto the server. went in to safe mode and deleted all network drivers from the server, rebooted and re-installed them. this seem to fix all above issues for me.. good luck
September 19th, 2011 3:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics