Network access from non-local client
Hi all, I wanted to access the server via remote desktop. It works when the client is in the local network, but won't if the client comes from non-local network (home). The same happens for web server (I can't open the web if I'm in non-local network). I suspected that firewall is the issue and turned off the fire wall..but still i can't open connection from non-local clients. Is there any other security issues that might block my connection from public network? My server isEnterprise RC1 build 6001. Thanks!
January 9th, 2008 7:35pm

Could you elaborate more on the layout of your setup? Is your terminal server inside a corporate network and the client is on the internet? If this is the case, you can use a Terminal Services gateway machine to open up access. - J
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 6th, 2008 5:50am

Hi there,The simple solution is try to put both m/c's in the same network(not a corporate network).Try connecting then.I also faced the same problem yesterday, but i could easily connect in the same network.As of now am not able to create a virtual machine in the server core machine through hyper-v server. An error message was thrown" You do not have access permission to do this task".What are the causes?
June 25th, 2008 7:20am

Please try to telnet the terminal server port.go to command prompt and telnet x.x.x.x 3389by doing this you will at least know that your machine is reaching out side world or some firewall is blocking somewhere.Thanks Syed Khairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2008 8:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics