Network access: Shares that can be accessed anonymously
I read a previous posting that refers to comcfg and dfs$. (what are COMCFG and DFS$ shares?) I tried to enable te group policy setting above and have the entry be "blank". I have gone back in and it is listing comcfg. So I look at the installation. There's no biztalk or dfs. What is the proper way to remove this, or make it appear blank in the gp entry? Do I remove the registry entry(nullsessionshares) or blank that entry out(leave the entry nullsessionshares) from hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\LanmanServer\Parameters?
July 17th, 2012 1:06pm

So I implemented this change, and I still see comcfg in the registry key you mentioned above. nullsessionshares has a REG_MUTLI_SZ=COMCFG. I also see "comcfg: in rsop results. For stigs, I'm supposed to enable this and have it be blank. I saw your screen shot, but my computers show comcfg even if I blank them out, go back in, its there. Is that a new default that cannot be removed for some sort of functionality?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 19th, 2012 12:38pm

Hi, However, it's safety to keep COMCFG in this policy or you need to set another value to override the default value like 135$. RegardsRick Tan TechNet Community Support
July 19th, 2012 10:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics