Network Monitoring - scom

Hi All,

Can someone clarify for me how many "pings" scom sends to a network device via the icmp monitor? Can  this number be adjusted?

From my understanding, we have  the "interval" and the number of "samples" so a combination of these 2 will will basically pause an alert for a set  time... but how do i specify how many pings it sends?

When scom does send out its icmp pings, does it send them all at one time to all network devces? or does it work through a table somewhere?

Thanks for the help guy's

Regards,

April 23rd, 2015 12:41pm

have a read on the below

http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller/archive/2013/07/03/using-the-built-in-network-monitoring-within-operations-manager-2012-to-monitor-network-devices-using-icmp-only-mode-scom-sysctr.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 10:36pm

1) You should override the "ICMp Ping" Monitor with
 pings" scom sends :Number of retries
2) When scom does send out its icmp pings: ICMP send by monitor machine in predefined time.
Roger
April 24th, 2015 2:53am

2) When scom does send out its icmp pings: ICMP send by monitor machine in predefined time.
Roger
April 24th, 2015 2:53am

Roger
April 24th, 2015 6:48am

Roger

Roger

Hi

Just override the ICMP Ping Monitor of the Network devices. See this post here from Cameron http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller/archive/2013/07/03/using-the-built-in-network-monitoring-within-operations-manager-2012-to-monitor-network-devices-using-icmp-only-mode-scom-sysctr.aspx

Cheers,

Stefan

April 27th, 2015 11:45am

Cheers Guys, appreciate the help. The "retries" as suggested by system center guy does the job for me, also Stefan, thanks for the link! I had a read, makes sense.
April 30th, 2015 12:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics