Network Disconnecting Every Hour
Weird one for you all.SBS 2003 installed on an HP Server.Every 36 minutes past the hour the network connection stops for approx 60 seconds.I can no longer ping the gateway at this point but I can ping 127.0.0.1.While this is happening 4 other PC's on the network can still access the internet by the afore mentioned gateway, but cannot talk to the server.All hardware has been replaced including the motherboard and network cards. Router has been ruled out and all cables changed.HP Insight manager is clear. Event logs have nothing I consider significant.I have stopped any hourly scheduled jobs (none of which started at 36mins past the hour)I have stopped AV, Backup SW, and all manner of software that somes bundled. No Joy.Exchange is installed and this is about the only bit of sw that I have not disabled. Does this do any hourly jobs ?Remote Access is also installed for external VPN (which obviously also drops at the same time).Be interested to hear your ideas on this one.TaBM
June 6th, 2008 7:22pm

Hello, Please check by following from the Physical layer.1) Change the Switch and check it.2 ) Use a network monitoring tool from Microsoft or use Wireshark when the problem occurs.Thanks Syed
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 8th, 2008 2:07pm

Hi, Firstly, please check both the switch and the cable and verify they are working normally. Secondly, please disable all the services that are on the problematic server in turn to keep monitoring if the network issue will re-occure. Please do as follows: 1. Click Start -> Run... -> type msconfig and press Enter 2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable All third party Services. 3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items 4. Click OK and choose Restart 5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs 6. Please also disable Remote Access service and Exchange Service on the problematic server. Thirdly, if the network issue still exist when all the services are disabled. You may try boot with safe mode to keep monitoring if the network issue will re-occure. Steps to boot with safe mode. 1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple Operating Systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the boot menu. 2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter. 3. Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with the Administrator privileges. Also, it would be better if you can post your query in SBS newsgroup for further assistance. For your convenience, I have list the related link as followed. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs&cat=en_US_e18fea59-512f-421e-b9f3-3e1f643123f2&lang=en&cr=US Hope the issue will be resolved soon.Your potential. Our passion.
June 10th, 2008 1:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics