Netstat - Cannot obtain ownership information
I have a two node cluster running Server 2008 (R1) Enterprise 64-bit. I'm posting here because I believe this is more of a Server question than a clustering question. When I do a netstat -a -b -o, I get several of the following messages: TCP AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA:139 Localserver:0 LISTENING 4 Can not obtain ownership information x: Windows Sockets initialization failed: 5I changed the IP address and local host name. All of these errors are associated with PID 4, which is the System process. Has anyone seen this before or have any insight into what this means? I have read from a few places that winsock may be corrupted, and to reinstall the TCP/IP stack? Internet connectivity works fine though, and there are no errors in the event logs. This problemmay be related to a recent installation of a backup client. Thank you for any help!
November 24th, 2009 11:33pm

Hi There, Please go through the below link https://connect.microsoft.com/WNDP/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=391292&wa=wsignin1.0
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2009 4:48am

It's strange that I see it on some 2008 servers and not others, but I can't find any documentation about this problem besides that one post.
December 1st, 2009 3:36am

The link does not seem to work. I emailed microsoft connect but have not gotten a response yet. Is there another place for this information, or can you paste it into this thread?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2010 11:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics