Needed: FixTasks.zip for broken LSA Secret for Task Scheduler
I have several W2K systems (but not all our W2K systems) that the AT.EXE command won't default the run-as UID as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. If I try to force NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM in via the task scheduler GUI, without password, and run the batch, I get 'could not start' and the security event log says the account doesn't exist. We're currently running lots of batch jobs with administrator's UIDs and passwords. which is a password maintenance nightmare. Please help.... thanks -tom
September 29th, 2011 5:03am

Hello, first be aware that Windows 2000 server is out of support. To run scheduled tasks create dedicated user accounts and give them only the required permissions, mostly this is "logon as a batch job" and "logon as a service" within Computer configuration, windows settings, security settings, local policies, user rights assignment, then check the right pane.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 29th, 2011 9:01am

Yeah, I Know, on both counts. That's what we're doing, kinda implied in my description above. Puts us back in the position of Risk Assessments, Waivers, and extra UID and perms management. Hopefully someone out there can still provide the fix that was available prior to W2K EOL: FixTasks.exe. Anyone? Thanks. -tom
October 5th, 2011 10:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics