Need vbsscript to find if Boot and Bios password is set on a computer

hey all

I am currently in need of a script that will find if executed on a computer, will give if the boot and bios password is enabled on that host. I am sure that can be extracted by some values in Registry but am unaware how to do it..

Any helps will be more apprec

July 5th, 2013 9:11am

hey all

I am currently in need of a script that will find if executed on a computer, will give if the boot and bios password is enabled on that host. I am sure that can be extracted by some values in Registry but am unaware how to do it..

Any helps will be more apprec

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 5th, 2013 9:35am

A password that can be extracted with some script would be equivalent to PIN that you scribble on a credit card . . .
July 5th, 2013 9:44am

the OP was not wanting to be able to determine what the password was, just whether or not a password is enabled on the BIOS.

July 5th, 2013 9:51am

the OP was not wanting to be able to determine what the password was, just whether or not a password is enabled on the BIOS.

July 5th, 2013 10:05am

Oberwald,

I never intended to find what is the boot and bios password, currently we are driving a full implementation of Boot and Bios pwd across our organization. This is done Via DCM in SCCM .. we just want to check to if the boot and bios password has been set or not for machines..

we dont want to check it through SCCM... that is why here posted.. 

July 6th, 2013 1:46am

jrv, thanks for the link.. I understand... we ve logged a call with vendor, and he said that this is their out of scope and refused to support..

We are desperately in need of these.. Any help would be appreciated.. I know that this could be some-how done through registry values, am not sure abt the value it stores that is the confusion here...

July 6th, 2013 1:48am

jrv, thanks for the link.. I understand... we ve logged a call with vendor, and he said that this is their out of scope and refused to support..

We are desperately in need of these.. Any help would be appreciated.. I know that this could be some-how done through registry values, am not sure abt the value it stores that is the confusion here...

July 6th, 2013 7:54am

Oberwald,

I never intended to find what is the boot and bios password, currently we are driving a full implementation of Boot and Bios pwd across our organization. This is done Via DCM in SCCM .. we just want to check to if the boot and bios password has been set or not for machines..

we dont want to check it through SCCM... that is why here posted..

July 6th, 2013 7:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics