Need urgent help - Cube database has disappeared all of the sudden.

Hi All,

Let me explain the problem first, we have been facing very slow server issue for past 1 day. We cleared temp db and cleaned up drives to regain some space.

We logged off from the server and connected  back, the problem started from their. After start up the analysis service was not running so we started the service and when we tried to connect the server from Management studio all the cube databases were gone.

I checked the cube and dimension files in the sql installation path, I could see all the files but in management studio I couldn't see any database. 

I also noticed my user login was also removed the analysis server, I then added my user login and tried but no use. I even tried re-starting the services again but no luck.

Can someone please help me on this?

Is there any way I could get my databases back again? I also wanted to know the reason why the databases have disappeared

Thanks in Advance

La

March 26th, 2015 12:06pm

Probably you deleted some file that you shouldn't have deleted.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2015 3:22pm

No we didn't delete any files related to cube, we are sure about this.
March 26th, 2015 4:31pm

Ok I guess I know what happened but I am trying to find one of my post in the forum. I had a similar problem five or six months ago and I had to cancel some file directly in one of SQL folders. Unfortunately I don't have time now but I hope tomorrow to give you an answer.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2015 5:02pm

Sounds like your msmdsrv.ini file got deleted? If you connect to SSAS in SSMS, right click on the server mode and choose properties, then find the DataDir setting, does it point to the Data folder on disk which you see contains the SSAS databases? If not then change it and restart SSAS.
April 4th, 2015 4:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics