Need to set permission on a set of members. Setting Hierarchy member permission does not appear to work

Our business requires us to set permission by divisions. For example, division A can only update/change division A managed products and division B can only update/change division B managed products, etc. (Users of both divisions can read each other's products).

How could I accomplish this? I tried to set permissions on a derived hierarchy called Product By Division. But i did not get the desired result:

• On the excel add-in, even though division A products are greyed out for division B users, division B users can still change any of the division A products and publish successfully.
  • On the web UI, division B users can't change division A products (good) but they can change their division attribute to A and save it. Also, add new member is diabled for all users.

I appreciate any insights on how to solve this.

April 11th, 2013 3:12am

Did you ever discover the solve to this issue? I am seeing the same thing in my production environment, but I cannot replicate it in our QA environment.

Any information on how you solved this would be helpful!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2015 5:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics