Need to create 2 routes to the Internet
Hi, I need to migrate a small number (~10) of sever 2003 web servers to a new external IP range. This will take some time and I must preserve uptime. All the servers are currently connected to the internet via a Cisco PIX 501, with an Internal IP range of 192.168.1.x and an external IP range of 200.200.200.x (thats fake). Each server has 1 IP addresses configured with a default gateway (the 501). I need to migrate each box to a new gateway (Cisco ASA 5510) which uses a new external IP range 300.300.300.x (also fake). The new gateway can be on the same subnet (192.168.1.x) or a new one - it doesnt matter to me - whichever is easiest. My problem is making it possible to access each servers website(s) from both the old (200.200.200.x) IP and the new (300.300.300.x) IP. I've been playing with routing/NAT on the 5510 and routing on windows, but can only get 1 or the other to function. I believe my problem is not incoming packets, but the return outing packets, related to the gateway problem on Windows? I have some networking experience but I'm by no means an expert! Is this even possible? Any and all help much appreciated! thanks
December 18th, 2008 4:58pm

hi there, After configuring your server for 300.300.x.x series, does internal connectivity works ?if internally connectivity works , then its all to do with your NATing on your cisco routeri would like to see a sniffer packet conigured appropriate and check where the packets are getting droppedsainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 18th, 2008 6:32pm

Ideally, the internal machine will keep their 192.168.1.x address, I've not configured the servers to the new external IP, thats handeled via NAT (currently on the PIX and in the future on the ASA).I've got it working using a 2nd NIC in the server, and setting up a new subdomain of 192.168.2.x, which has a default gateway of the ASA. The 1st NIC is still in place on 192.168.1.x with a default gateway of the PIX. However, I get a dodgy warning about setting multiple default gateways of different networks from windows.It all seems to be working though? Is what I've done bad? If its flaky then I cant use it. However, this is all just a temporary solution for a few days while DNS updates are propogated around the net.thanks
December 18th, 2008 6:38pm

Hi there,You can have 2 NIC configured for different subnets , and its a valid configuration , which i believe 1st to PIX and 2nd to ASA ?if so ,you are on right tracksainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 18th, 2008 6:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics