Need suggestion on alternative to Transactional Replication

Hello Guys,

Recently performed a side by side SQL server migration from 2000 to 2012 version, due to emergency upgrade,

i forgot to check HA before migration on SQL 2000 , migration completed successfully , but missed the

transactional replication.

Application is live from new SQL 2012 instance , as we know we can't configure trasactional replication from

SQL 2012 to SQL 2000 instance , there are about 12-15 Articles which is getting replication from publisher to

subscriber , So guys need urgent help .......

Do we have anyother alternative to Transactional replication , where in i can replicate my articles......???

your help willbe highly appriciated.

Regards,

Anish

February 13th, 2015 5:15pm

There is no alternative to Transactional replication but you can 

Try creating a linked server and use if not exists logic to insert or update the data.

http://sqlwithmanoj.com/tag/sqlncli10/

--Prashanth

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 13th, 2015 5:33pm

This does work. Just add your subscription via sp_addsubscription.
February 14th, 2015 7:31pm

Hi Anish,

A Subscriber to a transactional publication can be any version within two versions of the Publisher version.

As you want to configure transaction replication from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2000, you can configure a SQL Server 2008 instance between them to smooth the whole replication process. That is to say, SQL  Server 2008 is setup as the Subscriber to the SQL Server 2012 and Publisher to the SQL Server 2000.

For more details, please review the following similar blog:
Configuring Transactional Replication between MSSQL 2000 and MSSQL 2012 Databases Part 1

Thanks,
Lydia

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2015 2:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics