Need list of all windows updates installed on servers

Sorry all, if this has been covered I am a newb here and do not understand powershell etc... thanks in advance for your patience, efforts, etc.  Your help is much appreciated.   I am tasked with getting a list of all servers updates and patches using this:

wmic qfe get  /format:HTABLE  | Out-File <PATH>\< SystemName >SecurityUpdateList.html

Q1:  How do I run this on a server??  (seriusly, I have no idea)

Q2:  How do I run this on multiple servers remotely?  (this would be awesome as I have to run it on 60 servers)

March 31st, 2015 1:13pm

Thanks Mike for taking time out of your day to answer, I saw the link, but the auditors want it done with the command they provided (yes I know this is crazy since there's probably better ways to do this).  here is the command they provided.

wmic qfe get  /format:HTABLE  | Out-File <PATH>\< SystemName >SecurityUpdateList.html

I am logging on to each server and opening CMD prompt then pasting the command but it tells me "The system cannot find the file specified" what am I doing wrong?

It should produce an HTML file. 

Again sorry as I am clueless on how to run this on each server and how to run on multiple servers remotely.  

I am looking for instructions on how do I run this particular command on a server, or better yet how can I run this on multiple servers.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2015 1:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics