Need help with configuration of wireless domain login
Hi, I'm trying to get more professional on Server 2008 R2. I already set up an Active directory, DNS, DHCP and configured successfully. Now I want my wireless machines to login to the domain through wireless. I found out the window on the clients to configure it (http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2179/61651944.jpg), but I don't know what to configure on the server. I want to configure my server 2008 like in this guide: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6148579.html but without the certificates if possible, or in any other easier way (if possible). If I understood correctly I should somehow use Network policy server. Please help because my wireless machines have left out of the domain.
May 1st, 2010 4:31am

A wirelss device is the same and anyother device. if you are not using any security like 802.1x with your sevices then you should be able to join a device to the domain quite simply if it is running windows XP, vista, 7 The image what you are showing is to connect the computer to the network and not the domain. you need to have an accesspoint where you will connect the device up to. this security is only for the communication between the device and the access point. The tech replublic guide is for something else. you will need to install a RAS (2003) or a NAP server (2008) to be able to perform these functions. If you want wireless connectivity at first practice and test your abilities on WPA-2 encryption between your wireless device and accesspoint. once you happy with that then start looking into the further complex forms of security. it may be an idea if you study the CWNA or CWNP first to get an understanding of how wirless works.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 1st, 2010 2:23pm

A wirelss device is the same and anyother device. if you are not using any security like 802.1x with your sevices then you should be able to join a device to the domain quite simply if it is running windows XP, vista, 7 Let's focus on this please. After the wireless computer is in the domain (I know how to join it), how would it login to active directory after booting? What I'm trying to say is that when the computer is finish the boot process, the wireless is not connected yet. But the computer must be connected to the wireless network to log in to active directory. How do I set the computer wireless card to connect to my network, before authenticating to active directory? Thanks for the help.
May 2nd, 2010 11:02pm

Should have happened by default. You might try reinstalling the wireless driver. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
May 3rd, 2010 12:46am

Are you sure? How does it select the correct network? I haven't tried yet, I'm asking before trying...
May 3rd, 2010 12:48am

Do you have two or more enabled adapters? If so Control Panel|Network|Properties|Advanced|Advanced Settings|Adapters and Bindings In the Connections list set the order as desired. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
May 3rd, 2010 12:55am

Thanks, I'll try and update.
May 3rd, 2010 1:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics