Need help in shaping the Office 365 license assigning Script.

I am using the following script for assigning licesne for new office 365 users. While doing this bulk process some of the users are already assigend license manuaaly due to some urgent purpose, they will be getting error saying - Already a plan is active for the user.(One more point is - We only assign Lync & Exchange license for all users + We have ENTERPRISEPACK n ENTERPRISEPACKWITHOUTPROPLUS, this script i am trying is for ENTERPRISEPACK

I posted it in o365 community and the script details in below

https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/148/t/407775

September 11th, 2015 4:56am

Hi Manju,

if you want to handle errors in PowerShell, you need to use the try/catch statements. Here an Example:

try
{
    Remove-Item "C:\temp" -ErrorAction "Stop"
}
catch
{
    Write-Warning "Failed to delete item: $($_.Exception.Message)"
}

Notes:

• ErrorAction "Stop" means the catch will trigger even on minor errors.
  • While within the catch block, $_ represents that red stuff you usually see. $_.Exception.Message is the easily readable text of the exception. You can use this (with if/elseif/else statements) to differentiate between different kinds of exceptions or use it to pass along the readable part of the error.
    Note: There's a better way to differentiate between Exception types, but I won't go into full error handling here.

Cheers and good luck with your script,
Fred

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 11th, 2015 6:13am

Start with this and manage the errors as you discover them.

$cred = Get-Credential 
Connect-MsolService -Credential $cred

Write-Host 'Getting License Information' -Fore green
$AccountSkuId='domain:ENTERPRISEPACK'
$LicenseOptions = New-MsolLicenseOptions -AccountSkuId $AccountSkuId -DisabledPlans RMS_S_ENTERPRISE,OFFICESUBSCRIPTION,YAMMER_ENTERPRISE,SHAREPOINTWAC,SHAREPOINTENTERPRISE

Write-Host 'Getting List of users to assign license' -Fore GREEN
Import-Csv C:\Scripts\L\WithPro-Final-U.csv |
	ForEach-Object{
        	Try{
    			Set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName $_.UserPrincipalName -UsageLocation $_.UsageLocation -ea Stop
			Set-MsolUserLicense -UserPrincipalName $_.UserPrincipalName -AddLicenses $AccountSkuId -LicenseOptions $LicenseOptions -ea Stop
			Get-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName $_.UserPrincipalName -ea Stop
		}
		Catch{
			"$_"
		}
	} |
	Select-Object userprincipalname,islicensed,overallprovisioningstatus,usagelocation
September 11th, 2015 8:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics