Need help finding all encrypted folders/files on a volume.
This server is running Windows 2003 on it. It is a used as file server. The end goal to get a 1:1 copy of the contents of the server of the old server over to another Windows 2003 server. The challenge is that I cannot logon to the server locally or remotely. I can see the files/folders and I can map a drive to them from the second server. I need to copy the contents to the second server. The unencrypted files are not a problem. The encrypted ones are the challenge. I have tried using robocopy to copy the encrypted files over from a sample folder that I chose because I knew the one of the folders held encrypted files. I get access denied errors. I have an intermediate goal of producing a list of all the encrypted files on the server including the path to where the files reside. I have been able to do a search for the files using the command below. Problem is that it doesn't tell me where the file is located. I need a way to find which files are encrypted and their full path C:\>efsinfo /s:g: | find ": Encrypted"
August 10th, 2011 2:50pm

Hi, To display the encrypted files, I suggest you use cipher. I assume you would like to display the encrypted files on G: drive, please try the following command: cipher /u /s:g: Hope it helps. Regards, Bruce Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 12th, 2011 6:16am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics