Need help ASAP with Data Flow Task Flat File Connection

Hey there,

I have a Data Flow Task within a ForEach loop container.  The source of the flow is ADO.NET connection and the destination is a Flat File Connection.  I loop through a collection of strings in the ForEach loop.  Based on the string content, I write some data to the same destination file in each iteration overwriting the previous version. 

I am running into following Errors:

[Flat File Destination [38]] Warning: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
[Flat File Destination [38]] Error: Cannot open the datafile "Example.csv".
[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: Flat File Destination failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC020200E.

I know what's happening but I don't know how to fix it.  The first time through the ForEach loop, the destination file is updated.  The second time is when this error pops up.  I think it's because the first iteration is not closing the destination file. How do I force a close of the file within Data Flow task or through a subsequent Script Task.

This works within a SQL 2008 package on one server but not within SQL 2012 package on a different server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

April 29th, 2015 1:38pm

Can you show us the package and how you configure the FELC ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2015 1:59pm

Thanks for the response Narsimha.  What do you mean by FELC? 

First time poster - what is the best way to show the package here?

April 29th, 2015 2:07pm

Just take a screenshot of Collection and Variable Mappings table of the For each loop container (FELC)
April 29th, 2015 2:41pm

Will not let me post images until my account is verified.
April 29th, 2015 3:00pm

Resolved.

I had a script within the FELC that was locking the file and did not release after completion.

• Marked as answer by goblegoble 11 hours 27 minutes ago
April 29th, 2015 3:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics