Need a VBScript that calls a batch file to run on remote computers

Ok..!! I ve searched about it a lot and have decided to ask in scripting guys... Actually , I have a batch file which when executed will map a network drive and executes some applications on the computer i am executing. It works fine, then i need to do a silent installation of the batch file without the dos windows opened and i ve succeeded with the below vb script...

Now, My issue is i need to execute this VBscript in a remote machine from the background, so that the installation happens without user knowledge silently.. can anyone out there help me on this ??

WScript.Echo "Application X is being installed on your computer. Please do not restart / shutdown your machine and save all your work"
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.RUN "cmd /c \\Serverpathl\filename.bat",
July 4th, 2013 1:50am

You cannot remotely run a batch file or any other file on a remote computer without first copying the file to the remote computer.

The easiest way to do this is with Group Policy.  The GP engine can execute a batch file at startup.

You cannot run a task in a remote user session so you cannot map a drive for a user.

This is a very common question from new Windows users because they see it as a cool thing.  Unfortunately it is not allowed due to security issues.

You can remotely install certain programs using a setup.exe file or an MSI file using Group Policy, WMI or a utility like PsExec. It all depends on what it is you are trying to install.

Again - you cannot create or use remotely created mapped drives.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 4th, 2013 11:15am

Note that you also cannot display a message in a user session like that.

Use msg.exe or one of the remote messaging utilities.

July 4th, 2013 11:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics