Need SQL Server service packs installation procedure

Hey Guys,

I am in the process of installing service packs to my SQL Server 2008 and R2 editions, I was searching for the installation procedure in technet for this but nothing was provided for this, I tried to read the "readme" and setup documentation provided in the SP 4 download page but its useless since its redirecting again to some other page which again points to same download page, It makes me wonder if there are any procedures provided by Microsoft for this. Let me know if anyone has it. I don't want to follow any third party websites/ individual bloggers providing best practices/installation procedures. 

My Environment: SQL SERVER 2008/ R2  (STANDARD)  and these are standalone machines.

With regards,

Gopinath.

April 21st, 2015 12:07am

• Copy the patch files to the server
  • Run the patch file and follow the on-screen instructions
  • Select the instances that you wish to patch
  • Allow the patch to finish
  • Reboot if a reboot is required (the patch will tell you if there were any locked files)

For more info refer this link

Please Mark this as Answer if it solved your issue 
Please vote this as Helpful information if it helps to solve your issue

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2015 12:24am

Please take a look at this URL: http://www.mytechmantra.com/LearnSQLServer/Install_SQL_Server_2008_Service_Pack_P1.html
April 21st, 2015 12:42am

You don't need to check any prerequisites or back up your database ? Just download the patch and install it ? what is the rollback procedure ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2015 12:46am

Thanks for the link but how can I roll back, I didn't find the solid roll back procedure from MS. I can't rely on third party websites for that.
April 21st, 2015 12:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics