Need Help in IPv6 on windows 2000
HiWould you please help me in this problem?,I installed the Microsoft IPv6 technology preview on windows 2000, andI loaded it and configuredthe myinterface using routeradvertisements protocol from other router, and the interface has got an IPv6 address through Router advertisements,the problem isthe pingfailed to the interface in the other far endlink, with the error of request timeout,however, I configured windows XP in the same way and it pinged successfully, so what is problem?, I tried to add a routing table entry in the windows 2000 IPv6 routing table (IPv6if #rtu add/prefix) but nothing happened!!!thanks
July 12th, 2008 5:01pm

Hello,Are you sure you have installed this on Windows 2000? Windows 2000 does not support IPv6 at all.Clay Seymour - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2008 2:50am

Yes, i it supports IPv6 technology but not completely,for more information go, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=27B1E6A6-BBDD-43C9-AF57-DAE19795A088&displaylang=en
July 26th, 2008 11:21am

HiThe IPv6 Technology Preview appeared to have been an abandoned project. It doesn't work properly in all cases, and I guess only very simple configurations should work well (maybe like static routing). But the important thing to note is that Microsoft does not recommend using this in a production environment, only for research and testing. In my personal opinion I wouldn't spend an effort doing research or testing on Windows 2000 anyway.So, what I'm actually trying to recommend is to upgrade to Windows XP or Vista, this would save you lots of hassles.Regardsroot.daemon
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2008 10:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics