Need Help With Network Configuration
Hi, I want to setup an office network for a small software development company. The following is the list of servers/services that need to be set up: Domain Controller (using Windows Server 2008 R2) Team Foundation Server 2010 (which will also need SharePoint Services and SQL Server 2008 R2) Threat Management Gateway 2010 (TMG) Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) I have come to know that Team Foundation Server and Threat Management Gateway cannot be installed on a Domain Controller. So probably three separate servers will be required for Domain Controller, TFS/Share Point/SQL Server and TMG/WSUS. The following is the network diagram of this possible configuration. The total number of workstations will be less than 10 so the load on these servers will probably be quite low. I have following queries related to this configuration: Is this network configuration right? Will DHCP be provided by the router or should I set it up on Domain Controller? Where shall I set up the DNS service? Is it possible to virtualize one or more servers/services so that this all might be accommodated by just two servers, instead of three? For example, running Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V as Domain Controller and running TMG & WSUS in a virtual machine on it. Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you.
December 25th, 2011 2:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics