Navigate by Shortcut
Is there any way to Navigate by Shortcut in Windows Dialogs?Thank you
February 2nd, 2008 12:46am

I'm not sure what you mean. When I'm browsing to save a file and I see a shortcut, I can double-click that shortcut (say on the desktop, for example, linking to a file server) and it takes me to that destination. Is this not true for you? What version of Windows are you running?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2008 5:24am

Hi Mike,Thank you for your reply.When I open a windows dialog in any program, I cannot scroll unless something is already selected. In regard to my initial problem, it occurs in "Select directory" dialog boxes.Thanks again
February 2nd, 2008 6:47am

At least you can now click anywhere along the length of a file. I'd be counting my blessings were I you.
February 7th, 2008 10:55am

unto, this is the 2nd post I've seen where you have displayeda warped perception about the purpose of these forums. People are here to ask questions and the community is here to help with answers, direction and suggestions. It isn't helpful to anyone when you simply reply to all of the posts you see with "be thankful for what you've got". This isn't the spirit of these forums or technology in general for that matter! Imagine if we said this before the computer: "enjoy these file cabinets and shut up" So I suggest you take advice from the movie Bambi and "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"
February 7th, 2008 7:05pm

If the shortcut navigation isnt sufficient, maybe try mapping a drive letter to the destination?
February 7th, 2008 7:07pm

Hi Mike, I thank you for your response and empathise with your situation. I am really looking forward to a day when all of the windows "system" dialogs are uniform, feature complete and consistent throughout the entire OS, in the same way I'd like to see consistent MMC's and run command execution strings. Best of luck
February 9th, 2008 10:18am

Funny, even Properties for My Computer has an introduction page just like Network Connections in the Start Menu.It's only a pity there can't be more of them available.
May 30th, 2008 4:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics