Naming a SSRS Report at the run time.

Hi,

I have a SSRS report based on a Stored procedure having  2 input parameters Param1 & Param2

Param1 :1,2,3,4

Param2 : 1,2,3

I want to generate a dynamic name for my ssrs report based on the values selected from the drop down of the report parameters.

there can be different permutation combinations for the same ie (1,1) (1,2),(1,3),(2,1)(2,2)......and so on

I want to give a unique dynamic name to my ssrs report based on the combination selected from the drop down.

Could you please suggest a way how to write an expression that will generate a dynamic name.

Thanks

Ajit

September 19th, 2013 6:51am

A report will always be static. It's an object, not a "string".

You can only change items within the report based on expressions, not the report itself. That would be a paradoxon in my eyes actually.

If you want different object names, you have to deploy the report serveral times with different names - or better: create linked reports with different names based on the original report. This can be done by programmatically calling the webservices functions.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 19th, 2013 8:49am

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for asking the question in a wrong way. Actually I wanted a text box inside the report to display dynamic names. I used  multiple iifs and got the solution.

Thanks

Ajit

September 20th, 2013 6:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics