Named pipes conflict between two applications
I have two applications that appear to be interfering with each other. One is an IIS asp website and the other is an event collector that connects to the event log using named pipes, this runs as a service Once the asp compilation has occurred for the web application the following is added into the pipe list: Instances MaxInstances iisipm[String of text like a GUID] 1 1 [LongrandomstringMustbe theaspapplication] 1 32 wincsock2\CatalogChangeListener-fcc-0 1 1 My firfist question is why is the web application showing 32 for MaxInstances? Is this normal? The largest MaxInstances in the rest of the pipelist is 10. My second question is why does the event collector increment the named pipe it opens every time the service is restarted, e.g before restart = net\NtControlPipe56 then after restart net\NtControlPipe57? Is it leaving the last pipe open? The behaviour I see is that the web application falls over intermittently. To get it to work I must stop the service of the event collector application, recycle IIS to reset the asp cache and then run my web application again. I can then start my service for the event collector.
May 10th, 2012 5:21am

Only one of them is an IIS application, the event collector is an application running as a service.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2012 8:23am

This was caused by software on another system
August 15th, 2012 9:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics