NVGRE Gateway, Access denied

I have installed the NVGRE Gateway as described in the whitepaper "Hybrid Cloud With NVGRE". But when I gonna add the Network Service and type in the Connection string I get failed on the tests. If I choose to on I get error Message that VMM dont have enough Resources on the Gateway host. The error comes at once, so it seems like it find the host but cant get Access. I have turned off all the firewalls. One more thing, the host that running the NVGREVM is not in the domain, but the NVGREVM is. Here is the error msg:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error (50000)
Unable to connect to the network service. Check connection string and network connectivity. Error Execution of Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkService::OpenDeviceConnection on the configuration provider 4ee559f1-f479-480c-9458-d14b8b1c1779 failed. Detailed exception: Microsoft.Carmine.WSManWrappers.WSManProviderException: VMM does not have appropriate permissions to access the resource  on the 10.10.10.1 server.
Ensure that Virtual Machine Manager has the appropriate rights to perform this action. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.
Check the documentation for the configuration provider or contact the publisher support.

Recommended Action
Unable to connect to the network service. Check connection string and network connectivity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guide states that I should use the normal Run As account, but that one not in the administrator Group on the GW host since its not in the domain. I have tried the account for that host to, but then it seems like it not getting Connection at all, since it just times out.

Hope anyone can help

March 7th, 2014 4:01am

Hi Arild,

Requirement is both the host and the gateway VM to be in the same domain.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 7th, 2014 6:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics