NTLM Pass-Through Authentication fails on Member server, successful on domain controller
NTLM Pass-Through Authentication fails on Member server, successful on domain controller I'm not sure if this is the right forum, this is the issue i'm experiencing: 2 Domains with no trust (A and B) 2 DC 2003 standard sp2 (ADC1 and ADC2) 1 member server 2003 standard sp2 (AMEMBER3) created account in A Domain with the same name as the account in B domain that account is domain admin in A domain i'm testing NTLM pass-through authentication on the member server from the ADC1 and ADC2: runas /netonly /user:B\appadmin cmd.exe (then it prompts for password which i enter) dir \\AMEMBER3\c$ Logon Failure: unknown user or bad password then an event is logged with NTLMSSP failure 0xC0000064 and in the domain name it's B Domain However if i do from that member server the same test with the same user i get a listing of files on \\ADC1\C$ and \\ADC2\C$ and an event for successful logon in logged with domain name A, i checked lmcompatibilitylevel it's the same on all computers involved - 2 netlogon debugging is enabled but it says that same as logged in events what else can i do?
August 16th, 2012 12:42pm

Hi Avi, "Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 restricts NTLM authentication usage out of the box. This feature is known as NTLM blocking. NTLM blocking prevents NTLM from being used for authentication." http://www.appassure.com/resources/technical-documentation/ntlm-and-pass-through-authentication/ Hope that will help Regards, Lutz
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 18th, 2012 1:01am

Hey LutzMH, Thanks for keeping tabs on this thread, this case doesn't involve operating system version higher than windows server 2003, Thanks all the same.
August 19th, 2012 3:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics