NTLDR is missing
Dear All,I have IBM X 3250 server and configured RAID 1 and OS is windows server 2003. Suddenly the system is not up and shows ntldr is missing. I tried to boot from CD and get the recovery console but it does not detect the Hard Disk. Could you anyone please suggest me how to recover the windows.regards Arun
October 30th, 2009 11:58am

How to troubleshoot the "NTLDR is missing" error message in Windows Server 2003http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816793Have you tried to F6 and supply the controller driver when starting RC? If your drive controller is not natively supported then you'll want to boot the Windows 2003 installation media. Then *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting your system) in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select S to specify additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer supplied Windows 2003 driver for your drive controller in drive "A"Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 30th, 2009 12:22pm

Hi You can restore this file through Automated System Recovery or a Windows Server 2003 boot disk to resolve this issue and also follow the DaveKB article.Thanks... Deva --Self-trust is the first secret of success.
October 30th, 2009 9:55pm

Hi, How are things going? We have not heard back from you in a few days and wanted to check on the status of the issue. Please let us know how things turned out. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2009 5:23am

Thanks for the reply.. But the problem is they only have system state backup not ASR. And as we all well known now server will not come with the floppy drive. I do not think F6 will support the CD drive as a driver location.RegardsArun
November 5th, 2009 8:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics