NTFS permission scenario question
I have a folder (folderA) which I want users to be able to create subfolders in. Caveat - I only want the the creator/owners to have any permissions to the folders they create. All others should have no rights to other's subdirs. I believe this is possible but have not come up with the proper rights combinations yet. Can anyone steer me int eh right direction?THx,wickman
April 21st, 2009 1:35am

Hi, Please perform the following steps: 1. Right click on the folder you want to(folder A here) and select Properties. 2. Navigate to Security Tab----Advanced----Permissions. 3. Uncheck "Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these entries explicitly defined here" and select "Copy". 4. Delete all Items except Administrators and CREATOR OWNER. 5. Please edit the permissions of Creator owner to Apply onto: Subfolders and files only; Apply these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container only. 6. Please edit the permissions of Administrators to Apply onto: This folder only Note: I assume the users here are in administrators group. Best regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2009 2:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics