NTFS Permission issue concerning home folder
Hi all I have a small question concerning a permission issue i want to implement on my fileserver. This issue is about Home folders. I implemented homefolers using the ADUC attribute on the user in active directory. This is my current setup on my server, i work in a hospital. I have 3 departments (OU's) in my fictional environment to test the home foldering before i am going to implement it on live. - Nurses - Doctors - Administration The file structure of the home folders in like this: \\FS\HomeDirs$ - \\FS\HomeDirs$\Nurses$ --- - \\FS\HomeDirs$\Doctors$ --- - \\FS\HomeDirs$\Administration$ --- Now i have set the permissions like this: Share permission on the root folder (HomeDirs$) : Everyone With NTFS security i have managed to make it unable for the nurse to see/ access the location of the doctors map, if he looks in it he sees no maps. BUT I want the nurse to still have the rights to add files/read files or delete files from her OWN folder BUT she may not modify or read in any way the other nurses. At the moment she can see the folders of the other nurses in the Nurses$ map. What NTFS permission do i have to set to make this work and on what map? Do i have to work with the Creator Owner NTFS group? Kind regards.
March 16th, 2011 8:58am

Please response herer: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverfiles/thread/fc8af413-d20e-4946-ad1f-844f4db499e9Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award (MCC-2011)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 16th, 2011 11:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics