NTFS - Unable to add Domain/Users group on Windows 2003 Member Server
On my Windows 2003 Domain Controller, I can successfully grant the DOMAIN/Users group NTFS permissions on selected folder. On my Windows 2003 Member Server, I am unable to grant the DOMAIN/Users group NTFS permissions on a selected folder. The "Users" object cannot be found on any members server, only on my DC's. Note: I am not referring to the "Domain Users" security group, I am referring to the built-in DOMAIN/Users group. Anyone any ideas?
January 25th, 2011 11:13am

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:08:19 +0000, BL_IE wrote: Note: I am not referring to the "Domain Users" security group, I am referring to the built-in DOMAIN/Users group. Anyone any ideas? You can't use the Built-in groups that way. They are local to the computer that they are located on. Paul Adare MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager http://www.identit.ca APL is a write-only language. -- Roy Keir
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 25th, 2011 11:42am

Hi thanks for the reply. Just so I am clear, are you saying this group is built-in and local to this Domain Controller? Although DC's don't have local users & groups? Or are you saying this DOMAIN/Users group can only be used on DC's? EDIT - I decided to use the 'Domain Users' security group instead, thanks !
January 25th, 2011 12:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics