NTBACKUP
Hai I am using win server 2003 & i took the backup using Hp Dat72 drive, and i can take the backup of all files & i can retrieve also. After taking the backup from windows 2003 server & i connect that Tape drive into some other system & which has windows xp os, i am not to able to retrieve the files which i took it from windows 2003 server machine. please clarify my doubts
May 5th, 2010 2:23pm

I presume the XP system can see the tape drive? I don't know much about NTBACKUP but if you're restoring files from source A into destination B, I think you will need to catalog the image in B first before you can restore. Good luck. jav
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 5th, 2010 4:09pm

Hi, What is the tool are you using to saving BKF file to the Tape? Are you directly saving the BKF file to the Tape? If a third party tool is used, I suggest that let's directly transfer the BKF file created on Windows 2003 to Windows XP and avoid to use the Tape. This can help confirm if the issue is related to the Tape. Meanwhile, please backup some small files on Windows 2003 with NTbackup and try to restore them onto Windows XP (with Tape). If this will work (NTbackup support restore Windows 2003 files to Windows XP), the issue should be caused by the files we backup cannot be restored to Windows XP.
May 6th, 2010 12:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics