NT4 domain users unable to access resource on Windows 2003 domain
Hi, We have 2 domains in our organization, one NT4 and one 2003. I created a one way trust relationship, Windows 2003 trust NT4. The trust relationship validation was OK in the AD domains and trust utility. For testing purpose, I assigned read permission for one of the NT4 user account for a folder on one of the file servers in the 2003 domain. Everything seemed to be working OK until this point. When I logon to the NT4 domain with an Windows XP machine and tried mapping a drive with the folder that I granted permission to the NT4 users, it always complained that the mapped network drive could not be created because the following error: An expected error has occurred. I tried logging on to the XP locally, instead of the domain, and mapped the same with the NT4 credential, I would get the same error. However, I mapped successfully if I provide the Windows 2003 credential instead. It looked to me there was some authentication problem between the Windows 2003 DC and the NT4 DC. Anyone has any idea? Thanks in advance
July 7th, 2009 5:15pm

Hi, It seems this error was caused by SID filter quarantining. Please refer to the following article to get more information about SID filter quarantining and steps to disable it. When to create an external trust http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755427(WS.10).aspx Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 8th, 2009 3:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics