NPS - RADIUS - IAS - DHCP - WIFI Authentication Failure when an user logon in more than two devices

Hi All,

My company have configured one DC with the DCHP and NPS Roles, the NPS act like a Radius (or IAS server) with PEAP authentication for WiFi Clients, all users connect correctly and they receive dynamic IP address from DCHP. (Windows Server 2008 R2).

The initial failure was reported by the CEO of the company, he have an Iphone, an IPad and an Imac, and he only can connect two devices at the same time.

I was working in many test environments, in the first one I connect my laptop and two android devices, but only was possible connect two of them, for example the laptop and one android device or the two android devices at the same time;  in the second test, I logged in two different laptops (windows 7 pro), but only was possible establish a connection from one of them, the second laptop stay trying to connect to the Wireless.

I review the logs from IAS and AD, and I only see succesful connections record , even when the device cannot connect, in this case, the connection start again and a newly succesful connections record appear in the eventvwr and ias log.

Please excuse my poor english, I hope that someone can help me.

March 25th, 2014 7:02pm

Hi,

Firstly, since you havent found any log related to rejected authentication requests, please make sure that Rejected authentication requests is checked on the General tab in NPS (Local) Properties.

In addition, it is not recommended to install the DHCP role on a DC and not sure if the issue was due to it. You can capture packets to analyze the root reason for the issue.

Best regards,

Susie

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 28th, 2014 4:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics