NLB between 2008 Standard and 2008 R2
I currently have an NLB Cluster set up for 2 Webservers that are 2008 Standardx64. Both are working great, however if I try to add an additional Webserver into the NLB Cluster that is at 2008 R2 I receive an error stating that it can not configure interface (error code 0x80041002). This error is seen from both of the intial webservers, the R2 server sees each host as being converged and green though. To be sure that my R2 servers were working properly I created a new NLB Cluster and joined the two R2 servers together within this new cluster. Everything seems to be working fine between the two. My question is, is there a reason that 2008 Standard and 2008 R2 would not be compatible within an NLB Cluster? Or is there some additional setting that has to be configured for this to work? Thanks much
March 2nd, 2011 10:23pm

Hi, I am only awared of the requirement that using windows server 2003 and 2008 for NLB is not allowed ,however no quire sure if 2008 and 2008 R2…. Base on my experience , deploying NLB by using same version OS platform, even hardware is recommended and also the best practice in production environment …. Cheers
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 3rd, 2011 3:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics