NLB Windows 2008 R2 (HELP)

Have a question and it touches on both windows an IIS land but as its a NLB mainly Windows Server.

OK i have two nodes. Node1(IP1) Node2(IP2) - installed NLB on both nodes and created a cluster on node one. - Installed IIS on both nodes. Created a .HTM file saying node1 and placed in IIS folder on node1 and for node 2 i did the same it works fine IIS load balanced. Now i want to add some complexity and i cannot get my head round how to do it. I have an understanding how its done using a hardware Load balancer but no NLB.

Complexity I have multiple Websites in IIS and they are bound to different IP addresses how do i configure the NLB to target the different Websites. If i hit the cluster IP it will split traffic across NODE1 and Node2 but will not differentiate IP address in IIS.

Hope this makes sense. I have seen many tutorials but its basic one website one dedicated IP. Even thought of creating another cluster but have no way of binding that cluster to the new dedicated IP.

Any help appreciated.

August 26th, 2015 5:42pm

Go to cluster properties and add additional IP address. Then go to IIS Manager and configure site bindings.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 8:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics