NIC Teaming causing DNS registration to fail.
I'm working with an IBM xSeries server. The server has dual broadcom NICS and is using the BACS utility from Broadcom to team the NICS in a SMART Load Balancing configuration. Whenever I setup the team, the DNS registration goes away and never comes back. If I do an ipconfig /registerdns it will register a DNS entry for me on the DNS server (a different server) and in about an hour the DNS entry will remove itself and never re-register. Have you ever seen this before? There are 2 other identical servers in the environment with the same setup and they do not perform this behavior.
December 7th, 2010 9:48am

Hi, How this server obtain address ? How many DNS servers which contain this zone in your environment ,and have you set replication ? Please enable DNS audit and start tracing: For more information please refer to the link below: Auditing a DNS Zone http://blogs.technet.com/b/yuridiogenes/archive/2008/03/06/auditing-a-dns-zone.aspx Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 8th, 2010 2:58am

Hi, How this server obtain address ? How many DNS servers which contain this zone in your environment ,and have you set replication ? Please enable DNS audit and start tracing: For more information please refer to the link below: Auditing a DNS Zone http://blogs.technet.com/b/yuridiogenes/archive/2008/03/06/auditing-a-dns-zone.aspx Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 8th, 2010 2:58am

I have the same issue with BACS and a teamed dual broadcom NICs. Once the server has booted however, if you go into network properties of the team, and apply the settings it will re-activate correct DNS on the teamed NIC. If you reboot the server, you need to do this again. I have not been able to fix this. I have been waiting for Broadcom to fix this bug in their driver for over a year now... If anybody has any ideas, they would be much appreciated!
October 16th, 2011 10:52am

Squuiid1 - I apologize for the hijack of the thread but can you email me at susan-at-msmvps.com so I can chat with you regarding your monitoring issues with Home server/SBS essentials server?
March 10th, 2012 11:10pm

Squuiid1 - I apologize for the hijack of the thread but can you email me at susan-at-msmvps.com so I can chat with you regarding your monitoring issues with Home server/SBS essentials server?
March 10th, 2012 11:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics