NEW Build - 64-bit windows 2008 Server Drivers
Hi All, I want to build a 64-bit Windows 2008 Server. I am looking atGigabyte and Asus Intel motherboards. I notice that these vendors and others do not have drivers for Windows 2008. Why? Are they included with the Software? Please explain.Thanks in advance.
October 30th, 2009 4:40pm

Hi, You should contact Gigabyte, Asus and Intel for direct assistance. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2009 5:28am

Sorry that is not the answer. The desktop motherboard mfgs do not support server software on a motherboard certfied for gaming. SO, I want toknow if any of the forum members have purchased a desktop motherboard and installed Windows 2008 server successfully. I am building a sandbox for learning and testing microsoft products. I do not need and expensive server motherboard and a desktop board will do the job.thanks
November 2nd, 2009 10:54pm

Hi tippyThis is supported the windows forums related queries only and not supported the motherboard or Hardware drivers realated issue. So you should ask or contact the Hardware Vendor ASAPAs per i knowDesktop board Configuration is toohigh rebelliouslysupported the 2008 Operating systemThanks...Deva --Self-trust is the first secret of success.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 3rd, 2009 8:26am

Hi, Here is the Windows Server hardware compatibility site: http://www.windowsservercatalog.com/ To know whether a motherboard supports Windows Server 2008, youd better contact its manufacturer or check their websites. Tim Quan - MSFT
November 3rd, 2009 9:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics