NAT Failure
I have built a dedicated router on my network using Server 2008 with advanced firewall. I rolled it out last weekand have had several issues with its configuration ie, VPN, Demand Dial Persistant Connections to the Branch offices, and Firewall Security. Last weekend it failed altogether and will no longer configure the NAT. In addition, the Network and Sharing windows keeps showing different configurations every time I reboot. Domain profile now includes the Internet (Public ) profile, Private profile switches to Public, and now also includes a dial-up RAS profile that has never been configured. When the NAT failed, the router was a member of the Domain and had been up for nearly 6 days. There have been some issues surrounding the Demand Dial VPN that were configured after the Router was online and working in the Main office. I have the Router setup in my Test Domain and will no longer configure the NAT.Is there a way to force the NAT ? or have the VPN connections I created disabled the NAT ? Is this an problem that has been seen before?Any advice would be helpfull!Non Profit Network Admin
October 8th, 2008 12:13am

Too follow up. I set up another Router with Server 2003 in my Test network with the exact same settings and there is no problem with the NAT. Therefore, I think the problem is the Advanced Firewall. Why would the Advanced Firewall disable the NAT? Non Profit Network Admin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 10th, 2008 12:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics