NAS Device not recognized by Windows Server 2008
We are backing up our server to a NAS Device. We had initially configured the NAS device to use it own local admin account for access and that worked for awhile. The program we use for backup uses a Domain Service account for backup and on occasion it would not work because of the credentials. The NAS device has the ability to join Active Directory and so we configured it to work that way. I followed the NAS instruction for joining an Active Directory Domain and confirmed that it correctly configured by contacting the NAS Device Tech support and having them review my work.. The problem is now we are unable to browse to the device or use a UNC path. Tech support then told me it was a Microsoft Problem. Any ideas what the problem is and how it may be possible to resolved? Additional Info This Windows Server 2008 was recently added to a Windows Server 2003 domain. Once the 2008 server was on the network it was promoted to a Domain Controller. We transfered all server roles from the 2003 server to the 2008 server and demoted the old 2003 server to a member server. The DHCP is still running on the 2003 server and providing ip addresses for the domain. Any help is appreciated Brad
November 29th, 2010 9:03pm

Hello, please post the ip addresses from the DC/DNS server on the domain, the Windows server 2008 machine and the NAS configuration. Is the new installed DC also DNS server?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 30th, 2010 10:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics