NAP Deployment
OK within the business i'm currently working in we are looking at deploying a NAC solution. As we are predominantly a Microsoft oriented business it makes good common sense to go with NAP if it fits the bill. But I have some questions despite nosing through many many pages of details, installation, tech specs, virtual lab etc... Can NAP be deployed in stages (given we have a campus in excess of 3000 users there would be risk associated with simply switching it on !) Given that we currently have WLAN users using WPA encryption (with PEAP-TLS) could we initially use DHCP NAP or is 802.1x NAP a prerequisite for WPA WLAN. Are there any other prerequisites to putting NAP into service. (We already have numerous Win2K8 RS servers running our PKI) There bound to be more questions as I think of them.. Thanks in advance for any answers..... regards ROb
May 5th, 2010 12:21pm

Hey Rob, We have some great guys in the field for NAP, you can probably get better and detailed answers when you contact them. 1. Can NAP be deployed in stages (given we have a campus in excess of 3000 users there would be risk associated with simply switching it on !) - Yes, I would suggest to go with deferred enforcement, this way none of your clients would be locked out but you will get an idea of how many computers comply etc. and how many would usualyl be locked out. More info here : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd125355(WS.10).aspx For the other questions I would suggest get in touch with one of our field guys. Please do go through the other topics at the above link. ============ I contribute to this forum in personal capacity, my answers are not official MSFT viewpoints and MSFT will not take responsibility for my postings.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 12th, 2011 12:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics