My Service should run without login into the OS, right?
Yes, generally speaking it should run without anyone logged on. Without knowing the function its difficult to comment further. Might check the application and or system event log for clues. Also may need to ask them in one of the msdn programming language groups. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 10th, 2012 10:43pm

I agree with Dave, and maybe just make sure your service is not coded to need a "interaction" in the GUI. Like to display something to continue a task y. Just make it output all to a file z all the console's display to be sure. (Make a separate .exe to interact with the service in the GUI to allow the user to run it when hes logged)MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2012 10:55pm

Just found a service I deployed at my WS 2008r2 did not run for the past 2 days, and after I login with the AD account that the service is using, it started to run. I believe the service should run even there is no session login with that account, as it is a service. Days ago i patched it and it asked for reboot, so i just clicked on the restart then leave home. So there is no session logged in, but today when i login, it is initializing like updating registry and so on during login. So i guess maybe the service did not run during the past 2 days as the patch is not done as i did not login. What do you think?Mark as Answer if it helps. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, confers no rights.
May 11th, 2012 4:58am

Yes, generally speaking it should run without anyone logged on. Without knowing the function its difficult to comment further. Might check the application and or system event log for clues. Also may need to ask them in one of the msdn programming language groups. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 11th, 2012 5:43am

it is a service calling a remote webservice with the account in the sql DB on the current server. Thanks and I will look at the event or log now.Mark as Answer if it helps. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, confers no rights.
May 11th, 2012 5:53am

I agree with Dave, and maybe just make sure your service is not coded to need a "interaction" in the GUI. Like to display something to continue a task y. Just make it output all to a file z all the console's display to be sure. (Make a separate .exe to interact with the service in the GUI to allow the user to run it when hes logged)MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
May 11th, 2012 5:55am

Hello, Configure particular service Log On as with SA account/specific domain account. Hope, this can be achieved by selecting Log On option. Service.msc---> Service name---> properties--->Log On radio button---> instead oflocal system account select SA account/specific domain account.Regards, Ravikumar P
May 11th, 2012 7:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics