My Network Places direct connect icon changes to a folder
I have a Windows XP computer and use the 'My Network Places' to store links to shares on our extensive network. My company is global with greater than 10,000 users and an unknown quantity of servers. With hundreds of sites most with multiple active servers, the number of servers is quite high. That being said, I am an administrator for several managers and have a large number of shares to monitor and maintain. There are too many to map as drive letters. I find it very annoying that my links change to folders and the original link is moved inside the folder. Is it possible to stop this from happening? If so, how?
July 14th, 2010 6:40pm

Hi, Have a test on Set the Group Policy setting under Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon -> Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon to Enabled. Meanwhile, as it related to Windows XP settings, you may have a test to post to Windows XP forum: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itproxpsp/threads/Shaon Shan| TechNet Subscriber Support in forum| If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 15th, 2010 11:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics